Registration for the 2023/2024 season is open for Youth and Adult players. Your early registration allows us to plan for coaching allocation and ice time. This year, VRA is pleased to offer the inaugural formation of a Master (a co-ed 30+) team! All skill levels are welcome. The season will start with skill development and fun scrimmages, working our way towards exhibition games later in the season.
Included in the fees this year is a VRA Dryfit t-shirt. Sizing runs the same as an average shirt size.
Costs for the season include:
- Registration fee (includes VRA drift t-shirt)
Additional applicable fees:
- $100 jersey deposit for Fun 1 to U12, $200 for U14 and higher
- $150 volunteer deposit
- year end coach gifts
Jersey and Volunteer deposits are collected as post dated cheque and refunded in March 2024 once jerseys are returned and volunteer hours are submitted.
The ringette season runs from September through mid-March.
- U10 and above divisions have one practice (see tentative schedule on main page) and one game time (typically on the weekend) per week.
- Games alternate between Home game and Away game locations each week. Home games are held at a Richmond rink and Away games are held at another association’s rink in the lower mainland. Additional practices are scheduled throughout the season predominately for U10 and above.
- Fun 2 games start in the late fall. Informal tournament play may begin as early as November. Fun 1 does not play games with other associations.
- There are also several tournament weekends throughout the season. See Lower Mainland Ringette League for more information.
- You need to register in the association where you are resident and addresses are confirmed by the registrar. New registrants must provide a birth certificate to confirm their birthdate. The league is strict on this rule.
This season, we will have youth teams at 7 levels and 2 levels of adult players
- All NEW registrants aged 9 or below, as of December 31st 2023, should register first in Fun 1.
- As necessary, new registrants will be moved to the appropriate level thereafter.
- New registrants (first season with Vancouver Ringette) who play Fun 1 or Fun 2 will be charged $350 for their first season.
- If a new registrant is moved to U10, the U10 fees will apply and the difference will be billed at time of movement.
- Registrant must register in their birth year.
|FUN 1 U07 (recommended ages 4 to 8, or new registration)||$350.00|
|FUN 2 U09 (recommended ages 4 to 8, upon completion of Fun 1)||$450.00|
|U10 (born 2014 – 2015)||$550.00|
|U12 (born 2012 – 2013)||$650.00|
|U14 (born 2010 – 2011)||$650.00|
|U16 (born 2008 – 2009)||$650.00|
|U19 (born 2005 to 2007)||$650.00|
Youth Player Registration
FUN 1 (U07) / FUN 2 (U09) / U10 / U12 / U14 / U16 / U19
Adult Player Registration
VRA Open (18+ team) and VRA Master (30+) are currently accepting registrations. Please get your registration in quickly because for the last few years there has been a waitlist.
VRA will once again offer off-line payments in the form of e-transfers, cheques or cash, in addition to credit card payments. Payments made with credit cards can be in full or installments, $155.00 payment at registration, then two equal payments on August 1st and September 1st. If you register after an installment date, that amount is due at registration.
Players that commit to playing goalie half time or more in older divisions (U14 to 18+) will receive a rebate equal to half the registration fee at the end of March 2024.
Players U10 and up can register to join Vancouver Ringette Association up until December 1st, 2023. Fun 1 and 2 players can register at any time during the season. The full registration amount must be paid, regardless of start date.
In the case of financial hardship, there are programs such as Jumpstart and Kidsport available that will help subsidize the registration fees. These programs require applications, so please be in touch with these organizations and inform the VRA Registrar or the VRA Treasurer if subsidy is needed. In addition, these programs do not cover the entire portion of the registration fee. Families must pay the difference before September 30, 2024, otherwise they will not be allowed on the ice.
In addition to the registration fees, there may be extra fees required throughout the season, as decided upon by the team. Teams may choose to participate in tournaments. These tournaments are not covered in the VRA registration fee. If financial help is needed to pay for these extra-curricular fees, please contact the VRA Registrar or VRA Treasurer.
Financial Assistance links
All requests for registration fee refunds must be made in writing by the individual who paid the fees to the attention of the Registrar (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Requests made prior to September 15, 2023 will be granted a full refund less a $25 administrative fee.
Requests made after September 16th will receive a prorated refund based on the remaining season, less $155 (administrative fee + BCRA insurance fee + LMRL fee).